cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access database when email reinstalled

colchris
Dabbler

How to access database when email reinstalled

I had to reinstall my email following a system meltdown.  How can I access my folders, contacts etc?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: How to access database when email reinstalled

@colchris 

You'll need to provide a bit of a clue. What do you mean by reinstall your email. Are you talking about your email client? If so which one? Do you use imap or POP3 when accessing your emails?

If your talking about an imap email account can you access your data over the web interface?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

colchris
Dabbler

Well, I had to re-install lots of programs following a re-install of Windows 10, including eM Client, which is IMAP. How do I access the 'web interface'?

colchris
Dabbler

As if by magic, all of my folders, contacts etc. appeared several hours later.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Such is the 'magic' and sanity of IMAP over POP3 - your emails are always (fairly) safely stored on the email server and are not vulnerable to being lost by a PC crash ... which has no local back up!!

Re-installing an IMAP client might take a while to re-sync depending on the volume of mail involved, the speed of the link and the loading on the email servers.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.