Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many email boxes

FIXED
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

How many email boxes

What is the maximum number of email addresses can you have ?

For example you can set up mail addresses as usernameone@plusnet.com

usernametwo@plusnet.com

usernamethree@plusnet.com

etc, etc,

but there must be a limit to the number or total size of usage per member ?

Why would you want to set up numerous mail addresses ? well many sites pester you for a email address should you wish to register with them or make a purchase which often results in you getting tons of junk mail which can exceed several hundred on return from holiday, to my knowledge there is no way to delete a current email address so the easiest way is to start a new one.

I may have got one or more points wrong regarding the above due to my lack of knowledge but would be interested in any replies or corrections to the above.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Re: How many email boxes

Fix

there is a limit to the amount of storage used but for number of mailboxes I have never heard of of any restrictions

However not in the format you are using

It is

box1@username.plus.com
box2@username.plus.com
box3@username.plus.com
etc.

Fixes: 229

I currently have 37 mail boxes set up but I use many more email addresses than that in the format <name>@<PNdomainname>.plus.com

Many boxes have been blackholed due to the amount of junk I was getting.

I often use throw-away addresses such at <companyname>@<PNdomainname>.plus.com for the odd company that I contact just the once and the PN Catch-all option is used to ensure I don't miss them any replies.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Thanks for the responses, the throwaway address is a good idea.