Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to restore archived emails?

FIXED
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: How long to restore archived emails?

Further to our previous response, it looks like your emails have now been unarchived @LisaA

Given the amount of mail in there, it may take a while to load in webmail, however I'd politely request that you reduce the mailbox size by deleting/making a local backup of any important emails and removing them from the server to bring the total amount back below the 1GB limit in our acceptable use policy.

If you're still having any problems with this, please do let us know.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
LisaA
Hooked

EmilyD thank you so much for pushing this through finally! As soon as I saw your message, the emails started filtering through. I've now had everything returned & managed to clean my webmail inbox to the required minimum 1 gb.

LisaA
Hooked

Thanks HarryB, all fixed now.

And apologies to NigelK for hijacking his thread to solve my problem. Does this count as a double fix for all of you who jumped into help?!. 

I've also cleared out my inbox down to the allowance of 1 gb & backed up all the essentials.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Glad to hear this is sorted @LisaA Smiley

Please get back to us if you have any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Just in case ... also remember to delete the contents of the Trash / Deleted Items folder.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lauramc
Hooked

i have been waiting 2 weeks for my archived emails to be returned. still waiting

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@lauramc I'm really sorry to hear that your e-mails haven't been unarchived.

I've requested this for you now and the e-mails should be restored in the next hour or so,

Again apologies for any inconvenience caused

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lauramc
Hooked

i havent had them all restored but i have deleted lots and still getting messages to tell me to lower my mailbox?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

1) After you deleted messages did you empty the Deleted/Trash folder and also compact the Inbox and any other folders where messages have been deleted? Until these actions have been carried out even though flagged as deleted the messages will still take up storage space.

2) Have you checked the contents of all your mailboxes (if you have more than just the default one)?

David
lauramc
Hooked

i dont know how to compact them.. i did see them all arriving but then they disappeared again?Huh

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Folders can be compacted using webmail. Login and select the folder you want to compact. Then click the cog icon bottom left which should open a small options pop-up showing

WebMailCompact.png

Click Compact on that to do the necessary.

The Empty option is greyed out there but for Deleted Items this could be used to empty that folder.

David
lauramc
Hooked

thankyou!

lauramc
Hooked

they told me they had restored mine but they havent appeared in my inbox yet either

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @lauramc

Did any of your emails re-appear at all? If not, I'll get this escalated back to find out why this is the case.

lauramc
Hooked

i am at my wits end! have had another email saying to reduce my mailbox but when i go into it i only have 300 emails? the ones that were archived i still cant see although i was told they would be returned to my mailbox?. my son had an email address through this account but he deleted his last week as he doesnt use it? any simple way to help. is there a tutorial?