cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i retrieved emails which have disappeared

Stressssssed

How do i retrieved emails which have disappeared

Firstly let  me say I've been with Plusnet for decades and this is the first time this has happened (and yes this could be the end of a beautiful relationship)

Today I'm trying to find correspondence I had regarding my sons impending start at university and its totally disappeared - not in my outlook on laptop, not on my phone and not in my webmail.    My entire email file system has disappeared from outlook and I only have emails for July August.     

Where have they gone and can I retrieve them - this is quite important as I have not a clue who I was dealing with (and more importantly who else they had told me to contact prior to his start in 2 weeks)   

Now wishing I had used my gmail account for this

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: How do i retrieved emails which have disappeared

Stressssssed

Phone was pop 3 - they are not there

laptop is imap

Stressssssed

Well still archived and another day closer to deletion

I cant even get into a  phone queue to talk to someone - actually the REASON I used Plusnet for all these DECADES was BECAUSE I could raise a ticket to get problems sorted and not hang on for god awful hours while I was told how "important" my call was!!

The link they sent, into my *husbands* email - not mine (*lets not even get into THAT can of worms!!!) - saying they would delete mine - takes me into a generic web page  to use an assistant which no longer seems to exist 

Help - isn't any because I just go through a dark wormhole which brings me back to tweet or phone

Chat wont talk to me

Twitter - a day in i've tweeted @plusnet, @plusnethelp @MarcAllera & @ofcom  (yeah I know chocolate teapot!)  I have also tried a private message to @Plusnethelp.  Any guesses how many replies I've had......sweet f.a.........not ONE

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Email archiving

Plusnet has two email content archiving 'events'

1. Exceeding the Fair Usage Policy (FUP): This is invoked when the sum of the contents of all of your email boxes exceeds the 1GB FUP allowance. Users will have received warning notices for several weeks, having exceeded 75% of the FUP. After 2 warnings of having exceeded 100% of the FUP, mailboxes are archived to bring the FUP utilisation down below 100%. The act of archiving emails is recorded in the user's ticket history - see the PN tickets link below - notification emails are sent to the contact email address, as specified by the user, under their contact preferences in the account details - it is imperative that this email address is monitored
  2. Mailbox not accessed for a while: After a period of not accessing a mailbox (it not being logged into) the contents are archived. An email is sent to that mailbox advising of the archiving action, after it has been archived. No record of the action is recorded in the ticket history

Archives are retained for 30 days. When making a request to unarchive emails, it is very helpful to inform staff which of the above archives appears to have been performed - it stops them looking for non-existent tickets! Try to raise a ticket here.  If that does not work, please post back here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.