cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ditch Madasafish email?

Robinho

How do I ditch Madasafish email?

Ok, I'm just about at the end of the proverbial tether here. Since moving to Plusnet broadband, my emails have been going through Madasafish (just mail). We were all assured that we would not be affected by the closure of Madasafish but since this closure I've had nothing but problems with my email. I can't access my madasafish webmail as Plusnet webmail won't recognise my password. My partner can access hers but plusnet webmail is so slow it is virtually unusable. 

Here's the question then: Is the solution to all this to ditch Madasafish altogether and transfer my email traffic to Plusnet? How do I do this? How hard is it? How many hoops do I have to jump through to arrive at a solution or is it simply a matter of transferring a domain name over to Plusnet? I just want my email to work as it used to. Thanks. Looking forward to an answer. Rx

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How do I ditch Madasafish email?

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with accessing your Madasafish email.

If you're using your domain name, you'd login to http://webmail.plus.net using your full email address and your mailbox password you can reset here https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/internet/additional-mailboxes/ if you need to.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Robinho

Thanks for your reply Gandalf. I've tried resetting my password several times to see if a reset will bring it back but I still get the message "Log in failed". Any ideas? I'm totally flummoxed.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Drop me a PM with your Madasafish username and I'll take a look.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

After sorting out your password problems you can also use an email program on your PC, phone and / or tablet to access your emails, rather than trying to use Webmail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Robinho

Thanks, Yes I know that I can use an email program on my pc or phone but I would prefer to be able to access my webmail too. I am sometimes away from my pc and need to use someone else's machine which means I need my webmail. for whatever purpose that may be. I cannot always rely on my phone.

Ok, here is the problem: When I go to my Madasafish account and try to update the password for "additional mailboxes" to access my webmail, it simply will not do what I ask of it, that is to supply me with a new password to give me access to my webmail.

It simply ignores my request.

This in itself tells me there is something wrong. Also, when I am composing an email, I often get the pop-up message that the server is down and I have to try several times to send the email. This also tells me there is something wrong. I need access to my webmail so I can do basic housekeeping like deleting, retrieving, moving emails and just keeping an eye on what is there and what is not. I just want access to my webmail.

Tearing my hair out here.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Not sure if this is correct -but sure someone will say if not - if you turn on authentication as I have, but can't remember how Embarrassed you can access your email from any connection.

John