cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I direct my domain name to the Plusnet email servers?

DIS

How do I direct my domain name to the Plusnet email servers?

I have a domain 'disteele.co.uk' hosted by 123-Reg. It currently points to my Zoho.com email account but I want to point it to my Plusnet account. What are the MX, A, CNAME etc settings required for my mail to be hosted by Plusnet?

I could transfer in the domain but I feel it is best left with 123-Reg for now.

1 REPLY 1
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: How do I direct my domain name to the Plusnet email servers?

You need to Transfer your domain 'for Hosting only' (if that's still possible?)  , see the guide here https://www.plus.net/help/archive/broadband/how-to-transfer-a-domain/ . Your domain should then appear in the control panel and mail will be hosted by PN automatically , any mailboxes you already have ( or create in future ) will be applicable to both your <username>.plus.com address and your domain address.

Unfortunately the domain transfer system is an old system and needs manual intervention by a few knowledgeable staff. Certainly the domain transfer out automation is broken at the moment, but I'm not sure about the transfer in. I suspect it always was a manual system in that it raised a 'ticket', so it's probably still ok...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.