cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop PN server from rejecting my messages?

Buggwrit
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

How can I stop PN server from rejecting my messages?

Hi,
I received what I believe to be a spoof email today from an organisation that I normally deal with. They ask for such spoofs to be forwarded to them for investigation but when I tried to do so Plusnet's server rejected the message even though I removed the [SPAM] tag from the subject line and from within the body of the message.
I've also occasionally had perfectly legitimate messages rejected for reasons that I cannot fathom although I suspect it may have something to do with embedded links. The spoof message included such a link. Is there any way to request the server to accept this?
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: How can I stop PN server from rejecting my messages?

What is the "rejection" message?  There could be a number of reasons...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Buggwrit
Rising Star

The alert pop-up says:-
"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  oBf71m0010DpdPW01Bf86M
message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or
contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again."
Note that the string of characters at the end of the first line changes each time I try to send the message.
Also note that I am using Microsoft Security Essentials so I'd be surprised if the server detected a virus.
Buggwrit
Rising Star

I'm still getting occasional spoof messages and still unable to forward them for investigation. I tried removing the embedded link but this made no difference. Has anyone any ideas?