cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download my precious sent emails from the webserver before it's too late?

Gadgetbloke
Dabbler

How can I download my precious sent emails from the webserver before it's too late?

I have heard that Plusnet are going to dispense with their email servers in the near future and I have lots of sent emails on the webmail server that relate to my child's cancer treatment. These emails mean the world to me now that he has passed away, so I need to download and archive them before its too late. I have looked online for a guide of how to do this, but had no luck so far. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Peter.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: How can I download my precious sent emails from the webserver before it's too late?

Do you use webmail to access your emails OR an email client (and if so , which ) ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gadgetbloke
Dabbler

Re: How can I download my precious sent emails from the webserver before it's too late?

Hello MisterW. I now use Microsoft outlook from office365 for my email. I was hoping I could download the emails into my folder there.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm sure you can either copy emails to a local folder or archive them using Outlook. I've never used outlook myself but I know there are others who frequent this forum that do use it and are better able to advise than I am.

Lets wait and see if someone more knowledgable comes along...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya@ Gadgetbloke, 

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and please accept my sincerest condolences. 

I would recommend looking at setting up outlook using POP3 settings as that will download all your mail from our server onto that device. 

You can find the settings here and if you need any help with it, just drop me a message. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team