cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting madasafish email up on new computer with Office 2010

Freddie40
Dabbler

Help setting madasafish email up on new computer with Office 2010

Hi, first post here so please be gentle! I have scoured the internet & this forum on and off for the past couple of days, I'm sure the answers out there somewhere but I can't find, so hopefully someone can help.

I've been using multiple email addresses (4) on my old computer for years, old computer was running Windows7 & I used Windows Live 2011 for the email, I have a plusnet, madasafish, yahoo & gmail accounts running fine & still running fine on the old laptop. This week I've bought a new laptop with and want to use Office 2010 pro with outlook for the email. My plusnet, yahoo & gmail accounts have been easy to set up & are running fine, but the madasafish account won't receive emails when I press the test button & therefore fails to install. The meesage that comes up everytime is

log onto incoming mail server (pop3) your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in account settings. The server responded: -ERR Login failed.

It sends the test message out fine but won't receive anything. I have copied the exact settings from my old computer for madasafish to no avail, I have messed around changing different settings but everytime it fails. I have checked webmail & can login to that ok.

Please does anyone have any ideas

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Help setting madasafish email up on new computer with Office 2010

Just what do you have set as the incoming mail server and is Logon with Secure Account Authentication unticked

This may help http://www.madasafish.com/support/email/setup/settings/windows_mail_check_settings.shtml

Reading the link it states that the account name must be lower case which is a bit surprising

Freddie40
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Oldjim, the link you provided is exactly the set up I have on the old computer & that works fine, I've duplicated on the new one & get the long error message on the incoming side of things.

I have 'mail.madasafish.com' in the incoming mail server box & SSA is unticked.

I've just retried & checked the lowercase you mention, but still fail to log onto thr incoming mail server (POP3)

Thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Freddie40, do you have an '@madasafish.com' email address? If you do, make sure you're not entering your full email address as the incoming server username (just the bit before the '@' sign).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Freddie40
Dabbler

Thanks Bob, I had already done as you said, but to no avail. Also now i can't log into madasafish webmail, it says it's in plusnet webmail now but it doesn't recognise my madasafish login, I already have a plusnet webmail account with a different email address!!