cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - how do I set up an email client ?????????????????????

FIXED
Suze

Help - how do I set up an email client ?????????????????????

Hi like many out there my email service is driving me crazy. I try to log into my emails and "service unavailable" message. I do it again and and again and again and it may briefly load only to get the same message if I actually try to open/reply or forward an email.  I am wasting a huge amount of my time to send the simple emails.  I went onto the service status and clicked the help link re this issue but I couldn't find anything obvious to help me set up an email client. I don't know what and email client is anyway.  I have been with plusnet for years but the service lately has been poor.Can someone who understands these terms advise me properly?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Help - how do I set up an email client ?????????????????????

Welcome to the forums @Suze and I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing performance problems with your webmail.
To setup your Plusnet email on a mail client, this link will advise what settings you would need and explain how to set up your email on the most common mail clients: https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/
I hope this helps you
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Fix

You're currently using email through a web browser - hence "webmail"

You can also use it through a program on your computer - for some reason called an "email client". Typical programs are Outlook Express (yes, I'm still using it!), Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail.

Suze

I suspected this is what it was suggesting but wanted to know for sure. Your reply has been very helpful thanksSmiley

Suze

thanks I had looked at that but didn't understand I had to sign on with another mail server, someone else clarified that so between the two replies I am sorted.  Having said that I am still disappointed that I have had to go to this step to sort out my plusnet mail!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Don't be too disappointed if it still fails when using an email client.  The client can mask some of the issues, some of the time - but it will still fail.  I use Outlook Express on one old PC and Thunderbird on a Win7 pro PC and see frequent problems with Plusnet mail.  Access to my mail on non Plusnet mail services but using the same email client is stable and responsive.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ClashingTitans
Dabbler

You shouldn't have to set up an e-mail client, but I understand why you have been driven to it. I see it as Plusnet's way of diverting responsibility for solving the problem.

That said, I may have to do the same in the end, as Webmail gets measurably worse each day. Is the e-mail client working better for you?