cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Emails I'm trying to send to Gmail accounts are bouncing!

FIXED
jjlothin
Grafter

Re: Help! Emails I'm trying to send to Gmail accounts are bouncing!

It probably doesn't help you, but but just to let you know that it's still occasionally happening for me - seems to be in the case of a thread where a bounceback had already occurred earlier down the trail, as opposed to new threads to gmail addresses ...

Crewman1948
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Have just seen this thread and have to say I'm experiencing the same issues with gmail emails. As I have to send the same message (with attachments sometimes) to 70-80 gmail accounts it's becoming a real nightmare.

Haven't tried the googlemail.com approach yet but getting bounce backs even on my private domain email address.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Don't know if this is relevant but gmail appears to have done something on 30th May relating to OAUTH2. Caused problems with some Pegasus Mail users.

Brian

Crewman1948
Dabbler

Thanks Brian

Could well be as I've had other email problems associated with OAUTH2. Have any ideas how it affects the plusnet server and what, if anything, you can do about it?

bmc
Hero

@Crewman1948 

Sorry  - I know nothing about this other than the author of Pegasus Mail has struggled to get the software compliant. He though he was there but the final paragraph of the code upload to Google contained a request for a significant wedge of cash. Given Pegasus is free software it was no no.

Some users have talked about a Password App just needing tweaked for continued use. All I know is from another PN thread is this

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Brian

greygit
Rising Star

"seems to be in the case of a thread where a bounceback had already occurred earlier down the trail, as opposed to new threads to gmail addresses"

Happens with new 'threads' as well.

Had one bounce the other day. Left it a day. Opened the original mail ('edit as new'), sent it again and it didn't bounce. Shrug.

It is random (from my perspective as I can't delve further than look at the NDRs I get back). I've tried various permutations of editing (or not editing) of the bounced e-mails. Nearly all the e-mail I send is plain text (no HTML, etc.)

Happens with a domain (legacy hosting by Plusnet). Happens with a plusnet account e-mail.

greygit
Rising Star

I'm just sayin' that a fix hasn't happened (from my perspective - and perhaps from others' perspectives). Bounces to gmail accounts still 'appenin' (until at least 4th June).

My experience is contrary to your point 1.

greygit
Rising Star

I'd be fairly sure that the problem has nothing to do with "Pegasus Mail", as I have never used it, (Pegaus is an e-mail client as far as I can see).

bmc
Hero

@greygit wrote:

I'd be fairly sure that the problem has nothing to do with "Pegasus Mail", as I have never used it, (Pegaus is an e-mail client as far as I can see).

I was merely pointing out that gmail had recently introduced changes relating to OAUTH2 that might be the problem. My limited source of knowledge is the mailing list of Pegasus mail.

Brian

greygit
Rising Star

It may be likely that there is more than one problem (or a problem which manifests in different ways). Not all my NDRs come from trying to send to a gmail address. From my perspective the common denominator is the PN mail servers.

I have one other e-mail oddity up my sleave, yet to be played. It may be totally unrelated. The occurences are far more uncommon, but are not aligned with a configuration.

kdiment
Rising Star

It's hard to be sure, based on variable recurrences of the problem, but I too am led to believe there is something about the Plusnet servers that gmail doesn't like.

I suppose we could all abandon the use of Plusnet email and set ourselves up with gmail accounts, but that would be giving in, avoiding rather than solving the problem, and just wouldn't feel right.

Crewman1948
Dabbler

Since my last post 6 days ago I've had to send out two more blanket emails including attachments. I now only send 20 at a time and the situation seems to have improved with very few bounce backs - so far none at all with the second one.

Not sure if this is because I've reduced the number, although only sending 30 at a time before, or gmail have altered something in their rules. Or maybe even Plusnet have?!

onlymeok
Dabbler

Definitely still failing, tried 3 separate gmail addresses and only sending 1 each time and I get the following message:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* xxxxxx@gmail.com

Reason: A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server ?? responded with: ** xxxxxx@gmail.com ??:?? This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server .

onlymeok
Dabbler

Looking at the extra details from my blocked email to gmail I get this:

Reporting-MTA: dns; avasout-peh-002 [212.159.14.18]

Now I've put this IP address to check the Blacklist status and it's marked as blocked by SORBS (Spam and Open Relay Blocking System), could this be the issue?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @onlymeok

I'm really sorry you are having this issue and I can imagine the hassle it is causing. 

Can you advise if you are sending the emails from a Plusnet mail box? or through a third party client but on a Plusnet connection? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team