Did you mean: 

Having to Log In repeatedly

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Having to Log In repeatedly

I keep getting this message:
ERROR
This page request could not be verified and appears to have expired.
Go to the login page

It's usually when I'm trying to delete several emails in one go but today happened within an email trying to delete it.
I'm not leaving it a long time - there's never a period of more than a few seconds from a successful previous action.
I'd only opened the email today 5 seconds beforehand - so why am I being forced to log in al the time?
14 REPLIES 14
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Having to Log In repeatedly

I take it that you mean webmail. I've been trying this on my webmail and not seeing the same issue. Is it still happening?
drj
Aspiring Pro

Sorry - should have clarified it's on SquirrelMail webmail - something I went back to after having to give up on Roundcube since it wasn't even displaying emails in the first place!
It's always happening - certainly for the last month or so - but intermittently - say 50% of the times I visit - which can be several times a day (I'm getting a lot of Spam being emails for a building company in Yeovil sent to my domain name in error - so I'm reporting them as Spam - which doesn't seem to be achieving anything).
drj
Aspiring Pro

I've just discovered someone else is having this problem
Refer Frequent error message topic
drj
Aspiring Pro

And here's a possibly connected problem too - though I don't have lots of emails stored
deleting e-mails and constant down loading - "My webmail account has stopped deleting my mail and I have nearly 7000 e-mails stored that I cannot delete. I keep getting told to go back to the login page"
At least mine usually deletes on the second attempt - after logging in again, when I'm already logged in!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi drj,
Don't think the reply#4 example is the same but the other one certainly is. I'll log it here and see if our call centre get any calls with the same issue. If we get more examples it may be easier to trace. The difficulty is with it being intermittent it's not easy to pin down.
Jojo Smiley
p.s. can you also give me as much info as possible. Is it happening on other machines, how often, how are you trying to delete, are you selecting the check boxes then delete or deleting from within the message. Can you also give a bit more info on the issue you had with roundcube?
Thanks
drj
Aspiring Pro

I will monitor and advise.
It's usually happened when I've been deleting several emails using the tick box - however the last one that prompted me to open this topic was just using the delete button in the email itself. It seems to be connected with either or both of (a) reporting items as Spam and (b) having multiple windows open (since the Spam reporting routine seems to take up to a minute to process).
I can't remember whether it's also happening when using my laptop - I only use that infrequently.
The Roundcube problem is detailed in the relevant topic - to which I've not had a resolution - refer my postings in some mails not displaying. I gave up using RoundCube since when I was away from home and using my laptop to view emails in webmail I couldn't get some emails to display.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

THanks drj,
I'll let you know if I can come up with any ideas.
Jojo Smiley
drj
Aspiring Pro

It's just happened for the first time today.
I logged in and saw my messages - I opened up one email by left-button clicking on it and tagged it as Spam, then while it was processing I middle button clicked on "INBOX" to open a new tab with the messages list, opened up an email by left-button clicking on it, hit "Delete" and the message appeared

ERROR
Go to the login page

That was about two seconds after reading the second email
ChrisL
Rising Star

Quote from: drj
(I'm getting a lot of Spam being emails for a building company in Yeovil sent to my domain name in error - so I'm reporting them as Spam - which doesn't seem to be achieving anything).

On this tangential problem, why don't you blacklist the sender's email address?  (Go to the 'Spam' tab in 'Manage My Mail' in the Members Centre.)  Unless a lot of users are reporting a problem with this sender (which is unlikely), simply reporting the items as spam will have negligible effect.
Hope your main problem is resolved soon!
Regards
Chris
drj
Aspiring Pro

Please note I already am doing that with persistent repeat offenders - but there's no point in doing it with people who only occasionally contact that company.
I've reported the matter to the company concerned by they themselves seem unconcerned. Curious really because of a lot of the emails are chasing bad debts owed by the company and its owners which shouldn't be going astray.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Further experiment:
I logged in and saw my messages - I opened up one email by left-button clicking on it and tagged it as Spam, then while it was processing I middle button clicked on "INBOX" to open a new tab with the messages list.
I tagged an email and deleted it - it deleted as usual. I opened up another email from there by left-button clicking on it, hit "Delete" and the message appeared
ERROR
Go to the login page

However when I went back to the first tab with the Spam email on it - now processed - and clicked on "INBOX" my message list displayed - so that proves I was actually still logged in despite the other tab telling me I wasn't. I then deleted the "rogue" email from that tab listing without a problem.
So there seems to be a glitch in the delete routine where the website thinks you're not logged in when you in fact are - i.e. you haven't actually been logged off as it seems to suggest.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Update - it's happened twice again today - but several other deletes went through OK - I think it's down to doing a delete action when another window is processing a Spam email. Seems illogical to me that it can't cope with both operations at the same time, and also that it takes around 30 seconds to process a Spam report. But perhaps the only solution is not to do things concurrently?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Based on what you said, the emails you are receiving are misdirected rather than spam. So it's questionable whether reporting them is going to achieve anything. Are the messages mostly addressed to one particular mailbox that you don't need to use yourself, so you could blackhole it?
David
drj
Aspiring Pro

Only some of the emails are misdirected - and not all of those are reported as Spam - however there are other actual Spam emails which I report. Two today.
The misdirected ones are sent to at least a dozen different email addresses...