cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has something gone wrong with Plus Net email?

pfgpowell287
Dabbler

Has something gone wrong with Plus Net email?

I have two Plus Net broadband accounts, my own and one for the house where my stepmother lived. I have several email addresses associated with that second account but now I can’t either receive or send emails from that account.

I thought it was a problem with my Mac Mail, but it isn’t - I simply get the message ‘name and account can’t be verified’. Yet the the username and password haven’t changed (and I am still able to log in here on the Plus Net website - though WHY the ‘sign-in’ option has disappeared from the home page I don’t know: it used to be at the top second from right, now you have to click on ‘More’ to find it. Why these pointless changes?)

Anyway, there is no way I can check with Plus Net without ringing the number, then hanging on for the best part of 15/20 minutes. Oh, tried the ‘chat service’, almost immediate response - but it is just for sales. Now there is a surprise.

Note to Plus Net: stop s***ting on your customers and taking them for granted.

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Has something gone wrong with Plus Net email?

Sorry to hear this.

So we can narrow things down, are you able to send and receive mail via webmail.plus.net okay? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Has something gone wrong with Plus Net email?

The reason for you needing to click on "more" to get to the login button is that you have your browser window pretty narrow.  If you make it wider, so that there is enough room to fit them on, then you wont have to click more.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.