Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to start a new account but Plusnet email address hasn't changed

isolarion72
Dabbler

Had to start a new account but Plusnet email address hasn't changed

Hello people,

I've had to start a whole new account with Plusnet after 15 years because when I moved house my old account was "broken" somehow. So I have a new username but can't login with it to Plusnet email/webmail. Instead I still receive emails to my old email address with old username.

My account only changed today so is this delay normal or should I contact Plusnet to get it fixed?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Had to start a new account but Plusnet email address hasn't changed

@isolarion72 

The chances are that you currently have two email accounts as your old broadband account is not yet fully closed down. If a Plusnet staffer doen't pick this up you need to contact them as the chances are that the old account will be automatically closed and you will lose all your old emails.

I don't know if Plusnet can transfer these old emails to a new email address, it's something you need to find out quickly if you don't want to risk losing them.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

isolarion72
Dabbler

Re: Had to start a new account but Plusnet email address hasn't changed

Thanks.

Unfortunately I seem to have only one email account as I get 'login failed' when I try to use webmail with my new username. The old one works (both the same password). Should I contact Plusnet to check that everything's okay? (losing my emails isn't a problem as they're all downloaded).