Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to leave Plusnet due to FTTP, Now no emails

FIXED
GarethF
Hooked

Had to leave Plusnet due to FTTP, Now no emails

I need some help.  I had fibre to property fitted yesterday by BT as Plusnet were unable to offer the service.  I called customer service sayin that I was leaving after 10 years of what I must say great service and asked if I could keep my emails addresses and I was told no problem with the email and I also asked if there would be a charge and was told no it was ok.  So after the call thought great got  50mbps rather than 2mbps and keep the email addresses.

Today I notice that I have no emails and cannot send any.  If I had known this I would have waited until I had sorted out my emails.  I contacted CS today and I was told that I had canceled my account,  but  it would take 3 days to sort it out.  I wanted to a name for someone to contact to complain as I had been told it was going to be ok.  I was then told that someone would call/be intouch in 5-10 mins, that was over 2 hrs ago.

I need my old emall address  as I would need to contact alot of people to change it,  also I have forgot a few passwords so need it as that is the recovery email

Could someone tell what to do.  I didn't want to leave plusnet, but they could not provide the service and I am with BT the paren company.  It feels like a kick in the privates after such a long time with them

Thanks

Gareth

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Had to leave Plusnet due to FTTP, Now no emails

@GarethF  you've probably done the right thing by posting on here. I'm sure one of the PlusNet help team will pick this up and assist.

Just for information, the process to retain emails, unfortunately, requires manual intervention. The account has to go through the normal cancellation process to ensure that any chargeable components are removed. Once that has completed, then the mail component has to be manually recreated. There can be a day or two delay before the mail is available again. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Gandalf  appears to be on-line. Maybe he'll pick this up.

Brian

GarethF
Hooked

24hrs on Just to let you know there has been no contact at all from plusnet.  Hey ho!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi Gareth, I'm sorry to see we didn't proactively sort this out for you once your account was cancelled. Unfortunately this is due to agent error in not actioning the request that the adviser you spoke to raised.

I've arranged for feedback to be passed on to the adviser and we've reactivated your account now changing it to a mail only account. Can you log in to your account and go to Manage My Mail at http://www.plus.net/email to re-create your mailboxes as they were before? If you've lost any mail, let me know and I'll get these restored for you.

Apologies for the hassle and frustration we've caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GarethF
Hooked

Thank You

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem Gareth, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet