Did you mean: 

HTC Desire Email Settings

Redviper
Grafter

HTC Desire Email Settings

Hi All
I have a HTC Desire HD A9191
And I cannot get my plusnet email settings to work
Evertime it trys to connect to check my settings it comes back with "Authentication Failed. Please Veryfy your user name and password"
Well ive checked and triple checked my username and password and its correct.
the settings I have are as follows
Protocol: Imap
Email Address: my email address
username: username+mailbox
Password: my password
popserver: imap.plus.net
security type: none
serverport: (pre filled in) 143
Ive also tried the same details with pop using the pop server as mail.plus.net
can any one help
My Windows live email/webmail and mail settings on my blackberry 8120 all work fine
Many Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: HTC Desire Email Settings

If this is your default mailbox the login name should be username, not username+mailbox and you use the same password as you use to log in to the portal.
If it is another mailbox then you use the the login name as you posted and the password you created for the mailbox.
You can check if it is the default mailbox on the Mailboxes tab of http://email.plus.net/
For all the mailboxes except the default the edit links on that page allow you so reset the mailbox passwords.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Try the same username and password in webmail. If it does not work you have one or the other wrong.
Redviper
Grafter

Hi
I can log into web mail fine, no problems
dick:quote
Redviper
Grafter

Quote from: jelv

If it is another mailbox then you use the the login name as you posted and the password you created for the mailbox.

Hi i dont use the default mail box, due to the spam issue that happened a few moons ago, i had to set up a further mail box anyway I am using the same password that my Blackberry uses and than can retrive mails fine
Im wondering if this is the problem, as i have a blackberry service and should be using a blackberry, but i have a Nokia that connects and downloads mails no problems
calscot

I have experienced similar problems setting up my plusnet email on a HTC Desire X, and after days of trying different things I have finally had success!
The solution was:
To change my email address from    identifier@username.plus.net to username@username.plus.com 
NB: In my case the email address is different from the email address on my mailbox; however, it is possible to find it in the members center.
Other settings as follows:
Password: same as that used to log into Webmail / Members Center
POP: mail.plus.net
Security type: none
Server Port: 110
SMTP:
relay.plus.net
Security type: none
Server Port: 587  (not 25)
Hope this helps!