cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOw do I clear emails now that I am with Plusnet when IMAP quota is exceeded?

wendyg
Dabbler

HOw do I clear emails now that I am with Plusnet when IMAP quota is exceeded?

My Outlook is telling me that I have exceeded my IMAP quota.  WHat is this?? WHen I was with madasafish I could go on to my webmail on madasafish and clear out my messages.Now that I cant log in to that anymore how do I clear out mailboxes?Huh
10 REPLIES 10
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: HOw do I clear emails now that I am with Plusnet when IMAP quota is exceeded?

Don't know about Outlook Shocked but, for most e-mail clients, just drag the files from the IMAP folder to the local trash folder.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: HOw do I clear emails now that I am with Plusnet when IMAP quota is exceeded?

Wendy. Is suspect your email woes could be connected and suggest keeping your posts in one thread might help people who want to help. Perhaps a friendly mod might be along to put them together  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
wendyg
Dabbler

Thank you Peter. Unfortunately I am not totally au fait with how to use the forum and haven't worked out how to keep my queries in the same thread. Do I use the 'modify' option which is displayed with my original question and just add a further question ?
wendyg
Dabbler

Thanks  PeeGee but I don't know where the IMAP folders are.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To keep all the related queries in one place just use the reply option in the original thread
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Oops Embarrassed
Ok, I presume you have an "account" setup that uses IMAP to access your emails. There will be an "INBOX" associated with this account (and possibly some other folders) where you "read" your e-mails.
If you delete a file from that INBOX folder (or any other folders), it will be deleted from the server. If you have set up some local folders, ie not within the IMAP account, then if you drag a file from the INBOX to one of the local files, that will place the file on your computer and delete it from the server (If you want ot archive the e-mails etc).
If you want finer details, someone else will have to help as I do not use, and never have used, Outlook.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm a bit confused as to why you can't continue to use webmail?
If the email address is a Madasafish one then you can log in to webmail here: webmail.madasafish.com
If it's a Plusnet address, here: webmail.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wendyg
Dabbler

Ah Chris I think have been confusing myself as well as you.
I believe I have misunderstood some of the paperwork that Plusnet sent to me re user name and password. As a result of your response I went back to webmail and used same details that I have always used and it worked ok.
Thank you for your help
wendyg
Dabbler

Thankyou Phil (PeeGee) . You have given me enough info to try and sort this out now.
hottroc
Grafter

Yes, I think PlusNet managed to confuse a lot of people, including some of their own staff, by telling customers they were transferring them from Madasafish to PlusNet (because MAAF were closing) but then not actually transferring the whole service. I have managed to get mine sorted out (nearly) thanks to a lot of to-ing and fro-ing and a huge chunk of help from Bob Pullen, but it was far from ideal. I don't think they managed it very well, but they do seem to try and help the customers when the issues are raised.
Glad you've now got your problem sorted.