cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - unable to amend Mail rules from old Madasafish account.

electroglidekid
Dabbler

HELP - unable to amend Mail rules from old Madasafish account.

When I was on Madasafish the webmail site had the option to create mail rules which I had a few moving mail with specific words into Deleted (and or marking read), eg some known spam..  Now I can only access though Plusnets web mail portal there is no option to see, amend or delete these rules, which I really could do with updating.

Please advise if anyone has been able to resolve this? Maybe a support ticket? But I thought I'd try here first..

Thanks. 🐵

16 REPLIES 16
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: HELP - unable to amend Mail rules from old Madasafish account.

Hi @electroglidekid

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, our webmail platform doesn't offer the rule functionality you've described, so you won't be able to amend the historical rules from your MAAF account.

Best wishes

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I recall @bobpullen dealing with an issue similar to this awhile ago. I believe he was able to remove the old rules.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@electroglidekid, raise a support ticket explaining what you're wanting to do, e.g. get a copy of all existing rules, change a predefined rule, delete all rules etc. and bump this thread and we should be able to sort it.

The Webmail interface doesn't allow manipulation of the rules, but there's no reason an engineer can't apply the changes on the back-end.

When raising the support ticket, I imagine you're going to encounter difficulties because there's some weird HTTP/HTTPS redirection that sends you round in circles.

To get around that, log into the Madasafish website as normal, and once logged in browse here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

electroglidekid
Dabbler

Hi...   Sorry forgot to bump this post!!

Ticket Ref:  187659230

I raised a ticket and got the following response:  "When you say mail rules, what exactly do you mean by this?"

I was asking for a list of the existing rules so I can take not before removing them all.

Thanks. Steve..

Tags (1)
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @electroglidekid

Thanks for the clarification - I've raised a task to our network team to investigate this and update your account ticket accordingly.

Just to set your expectations - we'd normally be looking at 3-5 working days for a response to these types of queries but this may happen sooner.

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @electroglidekid

Just a quick post to let you know I've updated your ticket with the info you've requested.

Best wishes

Dave

electroglidekid
Dabbler

Thanks, I've made a note of the rules, hopefully most of them are not required, can you update the ticket and ask for all the rules to be removed?

I don't seem to be able to add any comments to the ticket myself?

Regards, Steve.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @electroglidekid,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry you are unable to add a comment to your ticket. There shouldn't be any reason as to why you are unable to add a response. Does it give you an error message?

In regards to the rules, we have requested them all to be removed and will complete within a few hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
electroglidekid
Dabbler

Hi,

I'm using chrome, when clicking on the "Add comment" link it just refreshes the page with the list of comments in the ticket.

Steve.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Steve, would you be able to try to show us what happens by private messaging me screenshots if possible? I'd like to raise this internally to our incident management team.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
electroglidekid
Dabbler

PM sent.  Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks Steve I've just picked that up now and passed this on to our incident team to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
interface

Hello, I have the same problem with the Add Comment simply returning me to the Ticket page - did yo get a solution, please?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @interface 

Could you please give us a bit of a more in depth explanation as to what it is you are trying to do, and what happens? 

Thanks, 

MoR