cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP setting up new OUTLOOK account

AlPud

HELP setting up new OUTLOOK account

Attached is the screen to set up a plusnet a/c with OUTLOOK. With no access to customer support, can anyone help please? The default settings don't work. Are the IMAP and SMTP username and passwords required, and if so what are they please?Something has to go in these fields as I can't enter else.

New phone, and need to get to my emails so PLEASE HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: HELP setting up new OUTLOOK account

@AlPud  for your main (default) plusnet mail account the username is your accountname and the password is the account password. For any additional mailboxes the username is accountname+mailboxname and the password is the one defined for that mailbox. see details here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Youll need them for both imap and smtp settings and they are the same

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlPud

ADDENDUM ……….

Managed to get in now, although it said that it couldn't connect over a secure (SMTP) - would I like to login anyway, which I have done but with what consequence please?

AlPud

Thanks Mr W. 

Please see my addendum above.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Im afraid Im not an Outlook expert but you should be able to make a secure connection on both smtp and imap.

SMTP you'll probably need to specify STARTTLS using port 587 OR SSL on port 465. IMAP should use SSL on port 993

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.