cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Globalnet emails not being deleted from the server.

nixlyn1
Hooked

Globalnet emails not being deleted from the server.

For some time I have to manually delete my global net.co.uk emails from the plusnet server. Or it ends up full and then my incoming emails stop arriving...
I use Mac mail and the setting are set to delete one week afterwards. I have tried resetting but to no avail.

Can someone help please?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Globalnet emails not being deleted from the server.

Hi @nixlyn1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried accessing your mailbox via the webmail portal to delete the emails directly from there? If not, I would recommend trying this and the webmail portal can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
nixlyn1
Hooked

Yes. That's what I've been doing but it should happen automatically with the settings on my Mac Mail. Unless things have changed?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @nixlyn1,

The emails may not be being deleted from our servers due to the way that you have the mail account setup within the Mac Mail client. If you've set the mailbox up as IMAP, it will connect to the mail server every time and retrieve a copy of your emails from the server, but not download/delete them from the server. This can be changed by setting the mailbox up as a POP account, but once the email is deleted from your mailbox, it will be gone from our systems and we won't be able to retrieve it for you. Further information regarding this can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
nixlyn1
Hooked

Hi TheMightyAJ

I have this account set up as a pop already so this solution does not work for me.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It sounds like this may be a problem with the settings currently in use with the Mac Mail client and as such I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to offer any support as to how this problem may be rectified. However, as you are able to delete the emails via the webmail portal, I would recommend doing this if you are unable to resolve the issue with the Mac Mail client.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
nixlyn1
Hooked

I would agree with you except I have two other email addresses where my hosting company is using RoundCube and with exactly the same settings I do not have this problem. However, I understand that you have tried to solve this and thank you for for your efforts.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @nixlyn1, thanks for your post.

We're sorry that we're not able to support further with this issue.

Please let us know if you need anything else at all.