cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Globalnet.co.uk email address fails to download all messages for pop3 account

wearemad

Globalnet.co.uk email address fails to download all messages for pop3 account

Having spent an hour on the phone to plusnet support which was a total waste of time the pop3 service for my @globalnet.co.uk account is still failing after downloading half of the messages, tried on various email clients and computers, all have the same problem. Plusnet claim all is OK when clearly it is not, webmail works fine without problems, I cannot face another hour on hold so hope this method will produce better results. Something needs fixing at the plusnet/globalnet/madasafish end!?
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Globalnet.co.uk email address fails to download all messages for pop3 account

How does it fail? What error messages are returned etc. and what clients have you tried?
Does it always fail when it reaches the same message?
The largest message I can see in the queue is just over 3Mb which shouldn't be causing problems, but there might be another email your client is getting hung up on for reasons unknown.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

wearemad

Re: Globalnet.co.uk email address fails to download all messages for pop3 account

Thank you for coming back reference this problem Bob, pleased to say it turned out to be a rogue email in the Inbox!! slightly frustrating but a reminder to others that something so simple can cause problems.
Appreciate the rapid response, wait time on the phones was a bit painful and as it turns out I should have come here first   Grin
Many thanks
NedLudd
Grafter

Ahh Globalnet! Thought they'd gone years ago.  Shocked
They were my first ever ISP yonks and yonks ago!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: wearemad
Thank you for coming back reference this problem Bob, pleased to say it turned out to be a rogue email in the Inbox!!

Glad to hear it's sorted, and sorry about those wait times!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵