cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Globalnet IMAP on iphone

vertue

Globalnet IMAP on iphone

My email address is @globalnet.co.uk  At the moment my emails come into every device I have whether read or unread.  I'm told if you use IMAP it works like Microsoft Exchange which we have at work so when an email is read or deleted it syncs with the other devices.  The only settings I can find online for IMAP say it's mail.globalnet.co.uk and smtp.globalnet.co.uk but that doesn't work.  Plus where on an iphone do you choose IMAP over POP?  My iphone provider is vodafone.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Globalnet IMAP on iphone

The server address is mail.globalnet.co.uk. You'll need to use your full email address as the username.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Globalnet IMAP on iphone

Just a check, have you set up an IMAP "account" within your e-mail client (Outlook, thunderbird, pegasus mail etc) on you PC or Mobile - you can run that in parallel with POP3 access while you test it out, but the POP3 "account" will/may download and "delete from server" any e-mails accessed?
Also, IMAP doesn't "sync" as such, all e-mails are retained on the server and the content downloaded for display then the display copy is deleted by the client when the window is closed. Obviously, you can copy or move e-mails to a local folder in the client, just like POP3 Roll_eyes
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.