cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Globalnet Email Not Working

pointers

Globalnet Email Not Working

Webmail logins to legacy globalnet email account no longer working despite no changes at my end. No facility to reset password. Big clue maybe that the relevant email address does NOT appear under email settings in the Control Panel.

So no way to access emails!

9 REPLIES 9
thomos
Hooked

Re: Globalnet Email Not Working

We have a "legacy" globalnet email account too, and it has been behaving wierdly over the last few months.

This last week, many of our friends have received "mailbox full" messages and very few emails have been arriving.  I've checked webmail and we have very few emails (for a change) and we certainly are nowhere near being full!  And, I can find no way to determine how much space I have actually used.

Until recently I've been accessing the globalnet emails via the madasafish webmail and pop servers but webmail has been switched to plusnet.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since Madasafish webmail has been disabled I assume you are using Plusnet webmail at https://webmail.plus.net instead and supplying your full Globanet email address and password.

To get folder sizes:

When mail is displayed click the small gearwheel bottom left and select Manage folders. You should get a list of all folders.

Click a folder name and select the Information tab. Then click where it says to get folder size.

Repeat for other folders.

If you delete any messages you need to empty the Deleted Items folder (use the gearwheel option) and compact any affected folders to recover the space.

David
thomos
Hooked

The Globalnet mail fixed itself and mail started fooding in... until yesterday!

No mail at all was received yesterday, until 10AM this morning when it started receiving again.

The mail servers seem to be having problems receiving mail and there is nothing I can do about it, emptying mail folders and compacting makes no difference.

thomos
Hooked

The plot thickens...

Emails to xxx@globalnet.co.uk and anything@xxx.globalnet.co.uk seem to be going through.

However, I also have a domain supplied by Globalnet that is an alias but mail to that alias domain appear not be receiving properly.

A lot of my wifes friends have contacted her about her not replying to emails they have sent but we have not received - what is going on?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Where is your domain registered?  Is the domain pointing to Globalnet or is there some kind of forwarding from whoever hosts the domain to the Globalnet addresses?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thomos
Hooked

How bizaare... I just did a whois on the domain...

Regisatrar is Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband, expires 2019

Globalnet set the domain up and did all the alias stuff for the web site and mail!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@thomos

I've pointed the ticket on your account over to our mailspace team to further investigate this for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@pointers

Mind PMing me your Globalnet email address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thomos
Hooked

Now this is wierd...

I looked at all the setting on all my devices and then in webmail and in webmail I saw that the account has some hidden folders, including one named "Sent Items" and one named "Deleted Items".

The hidden Deleted Items had over 2,500 emails in it!

So the email account has TWO folders named "Deleted Items" and I must have one device that is moving deleted mails to the wrong folder - but I don;t know which device and how can I tell as it has the same name!

I can only imagine that at some time recently the email account had been migrated but built-in folders did not get created and my devices created them but the deleted items never got emptied.

So now I check the folders every day and the mailbox is no longer full.