Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting warning emais about size of mail box which are incorrect

Dinalt
Dabbler

Getting warning emais about size of mail box which are incorrect

Hi all,

Started receiving warning emails about the size of my PlusNet mail box again  - however I've checked and the size reported in the email is almost twice the actual size of my actual email folder on my PC (this hasn't been the case in the past so i took measures last time this happened to cull old mails / archive them). However, I was one of the people who had almost all their email for the last few years resent a few weeks ago. Obviously this meant I had to delete literally thousands of emails. I've emptied my deleted folder my end - shouldn't this have been echoed on Plusnets side?

Edit - just gone to webmail and there are only 732 mails in the box which plusnet are saying is the largest (with 480 MB in it).

Is there anything I / Plusnet can do about this - don't want a repeat of the culling of my daughters whole email folder which happened last time..

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Getting warning emais about size of mail box which are incorrect

Hiya @Dinalt

I'm really sorry for the issue you are having with your mailboxes and I can appreciate the frustrations this is causing you. 

Sorry for the delayed in responding to your post, we're a little busier than usual and it is taking us longer to get back to you than I would like. 

The webmail space is 1GB in total for all the mailboxes combined and there is no plan to change this. 

I am really sorry, I can suggest maybe using a client on POP3 settings as that will remove the mail from the server, clearing space. 

Please get back to me if you need any further help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Dinalt
Dabbler

Hi SammyM,

Other than my daughter's inbox I already use POP3 rather than IMAP. As I said the problem seems to have been caused by the hiccup when PlusNet resent ALL the email to the main box causing thousands of duplicates. Checking on webmail there now only seems to be 700 or so emails in the main box so hopefully it's sorted itself out.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

No worries, please let me know if you have any further issues. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team