cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "535 ...authentication rejected as source IP has a poor reputation" - and cannot send emails

FIXED
mooblie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Getting "535 ...authentication rejected as source IP has a poor reputation" - and cann

John: FTTP? Nope. Not even FTTC.  Despite:

(a) getting my local MP and MSP involved, and email correspondence with the boss of Digital Highlands and Islands,

(b) Openreach and Cityfibre both digging up the pavements about two miles away TWICE to supply two alternative fibres to housing estates near here,

(c) being about two miles from the A96 trunk road, and midway between the city of Inverness and Inverness Airport (so not particularly rural),

(d) being able to SEE Inverness City about 3 miles away,

...no. We get ADSL only, around 1 Mbps. Hence me getting a 4G antenna/router and unlimited data SIM from Three (and now other networks), so I get at least something usable, like 40-70 Mbps over the ether.

Frustrated? Annoyed? Moi?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Getting "535 ...authentication rejected as source IP has a poor reputation" - and cann

@mooblie I'm not surprised you're annoyed - IF I wanted FTTP , it looks as though we are going to be on the tail-end of the roll-out, even in a city the size of Sheffield. Fortunately, my needs are simple and the 8/8.5Mb/s I get on ADSL are sufficient. I am swapping to FTTC in a couple of months, but that is only because my intended new supplier is obviously trying to dump ADSL - their ADSL/FTTC prices are identical, there is a data limit on the ADSL but not FTTC, and the FTTC router they supply is superior to the ADSL one.

John
mooblie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I am envious. But I am beginning to not care any more about fibre, now 4G is actually delivering (apart from problems like the one in this thread.)