cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab 3 email setup problems **RESOLVED**

polybear

Galaxy Tab 3 email setup problems **RESOLVED**

Hi,
I'm having real problems trying to configure a Tab 3 to use my Madasafish email account (Madasafish are also my Internet provider) using the built in mail app.
I'm able to send email ok using madasafish, to both my laptop madasafish email account and also to my googlemail account (accessible on both my Tablet and Laptop).
However, I'm not receiving email sent to my madasafish email account on my Tablet.  I'm using the following settings:
1. Incoming
Username@madasafish.com
password:  my email password
IMAP server:  mail.madasafish.com
Security: None
Port: 143
IMAP Path Prefix: Optional.
2. Outgoing
SMTP Server:  smtp@madasafish.com
Security Type:  None
Port: 587
Require Sign In?   Yes
Username@madasafish.com
password:  my email password
The Tablet appears happy with these settings, giving no errors when verifying incoming and outgoing settings.  However, it still won't receive any messages.  I've tried varying settings etc. left right and centre, but with no luck.  Even the madasafish Technical Help Line (when I eventually got thru' after 30 minutes!....I hope it isn't a premium line cost....) couldn't work it out.
Any ideas please?  Thanks.
polybear
5 REPLIES 5
PitchBlack
Grafter

Re: Galaxy Tab 3 email setup problems

This has probably nothing to do with it but the last time I set e-mail up on my phone, I had a nightmare with the ports, I googled and tried quite a few before it started working.
Good luck and I am sure someone will be along later to help you more.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are you sure that IMAP mail collection is available for your account? According to the support page here.
[quote=http://www.madasafish.com/support/email/setup/setup/creating_imap_oe6.shtml]
Note: IMAP email is only available to customers who originally used the Totalise (www.totalise.co.uk) service.
David
polybear

Hi all,
Many thanks for the replies.  I was originally trying POP3 but didn't get anywhere (because I had other settings wrong); the Tech. Rep. on the Madasafish helpline told me to use IMAP, so I'll be pretty p***ed off if I've spent all this time trying to get it to work with no chance of success, due to duff gen....
I'll give POP3 a chance and will report back......
Many thanks.
polybear
jim:quote
polybear

Hi all,
Finally got it working  Smiley Smiley
Here's the settings I used:
1. Incoming Settings
Username:  the first part of my email address (without the "@madasafish.com")
password:  my email password
POP3 server:  mail.madasafish.com
Security: None
Port: 110
Delete email from server?  Never
2. Outgoing Settings
SMTP Server:  mail.madasafish.com
Security Type:  None
Port: 587
Require Sign In?  Yes
Username@madasafish.com
password:  my email password
Hope this helps prevent anyone else from screaming.....
Many thanks for the help.
polybear
polybear

Re: Galaxy Tab 3 email setup problems **RESOLVED**

p.s.  It would be useful if Madasafish could include such information for setting up Tablets on their website, as I'm sure I'm not the first (and certainly won't be the last) to run into this issue.
polybear