cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Sent folder in webmail to Outlook

Mav
Fixes: 514

From Sent folder in webmail to Outlook

When I was away a couple of weeks ago I used PN's Webmail to compose and send emails rather than play around with Outlook settings.
I now have many emails in the WebMail Sent folder that I want to transfer to Outlook's Sent folder. My initial thought was to simply forward them and then either manually or set a filter to get them into the Sent folder but this seems tedious.
Is there a quick and reliable way of achieving my goal?
Thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: From Sent folder in webmail to Outlook

Would using webmail to copy* them into the Inbox folder, downloading them up using Outlook, then moving them to the Outlook sent folder achieve your aim?
*    Suggesting  copy for safety in case they get corrupted during the operation. If the transfer is successful you can delete them from webmail if you wish.
David
Mav

Thanks, spraxyt.
Unfortunately I can't see how to copy the emails. Copy drag still moves them and there seems to be no sign of a copy option. Also, once moved and downloaded I would have to search the relevant Outlook Inbox for each email to move it to the relevant Sent folder.
Of course I could move every email from the Inbox in question to a temporary Outlook folder, download the emails, move them to the sent folder then move the original contents back. Seems like a lot of hassle. Is there a quicker, neater option?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

I did things as per my own suggestion in reply#2 and all went quite smoothly.
Some sort of Sync option with Outlook would be nice but I got round it Smiley

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That good to hear. Grin
David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Mav
Some sort of Sync option with Outlook would be nice but I got round it Smiley

That is all down to how you set up the Outlook email accounts.  For this style of operation, you should have configured the account(s) as IMAP and configured the SEND and DRAFTs and TRASH folders to use those on the server.  Configured so, any email sent on any device will be seen by all other devices.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav

Thanks for the info Townman.
As it's not something I need to do too frequently I'll leave things as they are as my above method worked albeit with a small amount of hassle Wink