cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname email

HAGG15

Freenetname email

Hi,

I have had a freenetname email and domain for around 15 years. Never had a problem and to be fair never had to login as it was always transferred between computers over the years without ever needing the password.

Yesterday Windows did some sort of update which threw all passwords from Outlook meaning only those I can reapply old passwords to work.

I do not know what the password is for my Freenetname email/login and when I enter forgot password it sends the link to reset to the email address (Freenetname) I am locked out of. I need access to this account as it is used for my business now but cannot speak to a real person on the phone as they are shut and no other points of contacts I can find.

Any ideas or help how to reset password with no access to original email or how plusnet can do it their end?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Freenetname email

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

In the circumstances you describe, where you cannot recall the password for both the mailbox and the account your only recourse is telephone contact with support.  The Brightview family of legacy service accounts send a password reset email to ... the email account you cannot access.

I'm afraid it is a matter of hanging on the line and waiting until it gets answered for an agent to do a password reset over the telephone.

@Natalie26 - can someone grab this one please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HAGG15

Thanks for the reply. I did try calling PlusNet but after you go through menu which does not cover my issue a message says they are not offering telephone contact.

I opted for all the options and the same thing no call waiting, no way of contacting PlusNet by phone!!

Do you know a different number to the one that ends 0200?

Thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @HAGG15 

Could you drop me a PM with your Freenetname email address and a contact number?

I'll be happy to call you back to change your password over the phone.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet