Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname email

ColinSalisbury
Hooked

Freenetname email

Hi

I have been unable to use Outlook to access my emails using the freenetname POP3 and SMTP settings that I have always used. My freenetname domain in current and I received but could not sent emails this morning. Now I cannot even connect using Outlook? What has gone wrong?

Colin

11 REPLIES 11
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Freenetname email

Hi @ColinSalisbury,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the issue.

It sounds like your domain may have expired however I've not been able to check your details. Can you PM your freenetname email so I can look into this for you?

Thanks - LF

ColinSalisbury
Hooked

Thank you for your response.

My domain is current and I can access emails via the web login using [Removed]. My actual email is [Removed].

It is just Outlook that started to continually ask for my password and go no further. Is it a security issue?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@ColinSalisbury,

As you've noted the domain's not expired, so that's good. 

So the webmail service works without issue, but Outlook is having problems retaining details. It might be worth checking the settings haven't changed or become corrupt? Can you provide a few screenshots (ensuring you anonymise any personal information)

ColinSalisbury
Hooked

Many thanks.

Lo and behold this time Outlook accepted the log in details and all working now!

Thank you for any back room stuff done.

Would it be possible to move my domain from freenetname on to a (paid for and hopefully less problematic) plus net server?

Thank again

Colin

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @ColinSalisbury

If you have a Plusnet account that was signed up before the 6th of December 2017 then we can arrange this for you. Just drop me a PM with the Plusnet account username and I'll get the ball rolling for you

if you don't have a Plusnet account or if you signed up after the date above I'm afraid it's not possible for us to sort that for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ColinSalisbury
Hooked

Thank you Matthew Wheeler and the PlusNet Help Team

Oh! if only I knew and signed up before 6/12/2017.

No further action then.

Thanks for the contact.

ColinSalisbury
Hooked

Happy New Year!

Unfortunately Outlook has been unable to send emails, the confirm password box keeps appearing, but it is receiving them OK.

Web mail works as well. I believe this may be a server issue as there have been no changes this end since I was able to send via Outlook. Is there any help available please?

Colin

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to email.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

What is the error message and which version of Outlook?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy new year @ColinSalisbury 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues sending your emails through Outlook.

If you've not got this sorted yet I'd second Townman's advice, what's the error message and version you're using?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ColinSalisbury
Hooked

Thank you for both replies (ypour and Townman's). I am using Win10 and Outlook as part of Office 365. (Not sure how to find which version)

I have changed the outgoing server form 'smtpmail' to just 'mail' and that seems to have worked.

Clearly things go on that I am not informed enough to know about and are posiblily linked to being a long term freenetname user.

Many thanks again.