cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname account - HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD

vs1983

Freenetname account - HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD

Hello community, I have an old Freenetname webmail account which became a madasafish account and then recently became hosted by plusnet. I've reason to fear that my account has been hacked and would like to change the password. I've logged into the plusnet webmail interface using my freenetname details but cannot find the option to change the password anywhere. I've clicked on every link I can see to check whether it has an option to change the password but cannot find it. I've tried both the "basic webmail" and "advanced" interface and no luck. Please could someone advise me? Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Freenetname account - HOW TO CHANGE PASSWORD

Hi there, 

You should be able to change your password here: https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/

Any problems with that please just let us know. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Piers1

I have the same problem as the original poster, and the madasafish recovery email link above does not seem to work? It just says incorrect email...

Please help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're unable to reset your password online.

When you go to the forgot password tool Here are you using the e-mail address we have on file?

If you are it's probably worth us resetting it over the phone as the next step. Happy to call you back tonight if you can PM me the best contact number?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet