Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname Outgoing Email not working

mrgdaniels
Hooked

Freenetname Outgoing Email not working

Hi,

From this morning 3 Jan 2019 our MS Outlook 2013 client has been prompting for a password on the Outgoing - smtpmail.freenetname.co.uk server. Incoming email is fine so my password works fine. I've tried setting up a new account in outlook but just get the same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks

Graham

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Freenetname Outgoing Email not working

Hi @mrgdaniels,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your outgoing mail.

I have checked your IP address and it appears to have a poor reputation. Click here to submit a remediation request for your IP address through Cloudmark (our email security vendor.)

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
mrgdaniels
Hooked

Hi,

CloudMark reported that the DNS pointer record for this IP is dynamic. Cloudmark will not remediate dynamic IP addresses.

I am a residential customer using Sky Broadband. I can send email using my other accounts but not my main freenetname account. Any further ideas? 

I did try via a personal hotspot and can send emails via freenetname so you are on the right track but not sure how we fix this? 

Regards

Graham

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I believe the only way to resolve this would be for Sky to give you a new IP address.

You may need to reboot the router a couple of times to do this

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team