cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname/Madasafish email only account password

FIXED
RobertGrahamSR7

Freenetname/Madasafish email only account password

Hi everyone. On Thursday morning @ 08:25 on 19 November 2020, Plusnet blocked my email only account as they believed it was "hacked". Apparently after the blocked the account, they sent an email to the blocked account, telling me why they blocked it and the steps to take to correct it. However, the one issue there... I can't access the email account as they blocked it! The main problem is, I'm a "migrated in" customer. I was originally with Freenetname, who migrated me to Madasfish who then migrated me to Plusnet. As such, I don't have a Plusnet account, from which I could retrieve/reset a password.

I rang Plusnet on Thursday as soon as I was blocked, as it happened mid-email. The Customer Services rep couldn't do anything, and emailed the "Email Team" to reset my password for me. I was informed this could take up to 72 hours.

Can someone tell me if that is three working days, making Tuesday 24 November at 08:30 or three actual days making it Sunday 08:30?

I use this email account for my small business as I have a domain name registered to it, which transferred to Plusnet also.

I need the email account to survive. Do I just wait and hope Plusnet reset the password? If not, who can I escalate it to?

Kind regards

Rob
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Freenetname/Madasafish email only account password

Fix

Try resetting your password here https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/ although if the contact email address is your Freenetname one, I’m afraid you’ll need Plusnet to reset your password over the phone. 

RobertGrahamSR7

Hi Thrall,

I tried that, but unfortunately the password recovery email must still point to an old email address which I stopped using years ago which I can no longer access.

Hence my call to the Plusnet Customer Services Team.

Rob
RobertGrahamSR7

RESOLVED - Plusnet Customer Services finally reset my password on Monday 23 November 2020.

I have now been able to log into my emails. I have also been able to log on to Madasafish, reset my password and update the email address so that any future "recover" emails go to a monitored email inbox.

Many thanks to everyone who helped.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Excellent!