cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname Just Mail - Emails stopped working on Monday afternoon (6th March)

Zygon

Freenetname Just Mail - Emails stopped working on Monday afternoon (6th March)

Seems I'm not alone in having problems with Plusnet since the migration of Freenetname/Madasafish over to the platform.

I've been unable to send any emails from my freenetname account for some months now but always received them just fine until around 5pm on Monday evening. Since then, nothing. Both outlook on my PC and my iPhone claim that my username/password is incorrect, even though I've not changed any settings.

I can log into my account via madasafish, but any attempt to access any help pages or launch a "ticket" kicks me out and asks me to log in again. When I do this, using EXACTLY the same details, it won't let me in - again claiming my username/password is incorrect.

Worryingly, my account details on the madasafish site state Email: Inactive, even though I paid for a years service in April 2016 and all my payment details on the account remain correct.

Finally, I cannot log into webmail on the plusnet site either, irrespective of whether I use my full freenetname email address as implied on the madasafish site, or just my username.

This is beyond frustrating now. I paid for a service and I expect to receive it. I cannot afford to be without my email address any more, I dread to think how many important emails are still waiting replies.

HELP!!!

1 REPLY 1
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Freenetname Just Mail - Emails stopped working on Monday afternoon (6th March)

Hi there

It looks like we've disabled the account/changed your password because we believed the account to be compromised. Appreciate that you're unable reset your password because you're unable to access your mailbox, apologies for that.

I've now enabled it so you should have full access once more.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button