cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free-online email account stopped working 31 March

melgam618

Free-online email account stopped working 31 March

I have an old free-online mailbox that runs via my PlusNet account but emails stopped coming through to this on Mac on 31 March. I have tried re-entering password but it says 'unable to verify account name or password'. Not made any changes locally on my system but not having emails during lockdown is very difficult! Has anything changed at PlusNet relating to free-online mailboxes?

Anyone help with this? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Free-online email account stopped working 31 March

Do you have your own domain name on this email account?

If yes, I would check it for expiry.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

melgam618

Trying to fix per ticket #200599658 now.

Appears you have reinstated my original free-online email address but I cannot receive emails sent to it via webmail or via local mail client on Mac. Please confirm email is now fully reactivated and you have not changed password (I can access the old email only account using existing password so I don't think you have changed). Tried various POP3 and IMAP settings to receive emails but nothing coming through and get error (domain does not exist) when I try sending to free-online email.

No I don't have my own domain name on this email account.

I have been a loyal customer of yours for over 20 years and now is not a good time to delete my mailbox in error without any warning! Please restore asap. Thank you

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Staff are very busy at present.

@JW  - is this a domain name renewal consideration?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 24

@melgam618 

I've replied to the ticket for you. Looks like something went slightly awry with the restoration process, so I've corrected that for you.

@Townman 

Not in this instance, the original DNS error would have been down to the account going away and dropping the username.visp default domain.

Jon W
 Plusnet