cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Emails

1dufton6

Forward Emails

Under the new webmail how to you forward emails to more than one person?
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Forward Emails

Same way you always do
Add the addresses in the To box separated by semicolons
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Enter multiple addressees in the "To" box with their addresses separated by a comma (or semicolon).
This question was asked during the trial here but the original poster didn't respond to the responses so don't know if those suggestions helped.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Before posting I actually checked so I know a semicolon works
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you are sending to more than one do not use the "To:" field use the "Bcc:" field.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Not unless you are sending to recipients where you don't want them to know who else has received it
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

You don't want to send it to people who do not know the other recipients with the "To:" field, you can be prosecuted for a breach of the Data Protection Act.  So use the "Bcc:" field, and you won't get in trouble.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

No you can't as an individual
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

With out sounding like a pantomime oh yes you can be prosecuted.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

MC, I don't believe you are entirely right on that one. If ALL the addresses in your address book are purely your own personal family and friends, there isn't a DPA issue, but there is an issue of respecting your friends' and families' privacy. As you say, if there are people in the mailing who do not know each other, then unless they've said I don't mind my email address passed on, the Bcc. box should be used.
MC, if there has been a change to the DPA that I've missed. if you can post a link and refer to a paragraph/page/etc.
OJ, sorry you are wrong and without wishing to sound like a pantomime either, oh yes you can. If you hold email addresses that are for example for use as part of your local Neighbourhood Watch, then this will come under the DPA. You don't have to register (unless your list is over a certain size, or you are a profit making organisation) but you are still bound by the DPA and can be done if you breach the rules.
For the benefit of the OP, see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100705.msg862886.html#msg862886 and the rest of that thread for an assortment of suggestions on how to select multiple recipients from your address book.
Also,
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I said as an individual which means acting as an individual not on behalf of an organisation.or where the email addresses have been given to you in your role in an organisation
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Jim, that was only an example. However, your reply may confuse the situation as I'm sure a lot of people who are part of NHW groups wouldn't consider themselves to be part of an "organisation" although that is a mute point, but not worth debating.
As I said I believe "If ALL the addresses in your address book are purely your own personal family and friends, there isn't a DPA issue, but there is an issue of respecting your friends' and families' privacy".
So here is another example. A lot have people will have email addresses for companies they have been in touch with for one reason or another. Now if you happen to email such a company and also copy it to some of your friends and family for their information, if you put your friends' and families' email addresses in the To: or Cc: boxes, there could well be a DPA issue as you have disclosed their information to that company even if you are acting as an individual.
If you still by the rule of putting email addresses of those who do NOT know (of) each other in the Bcc. box then you won't go far wrong.
See also http://www.kitz.co.uk/tech/emailrant.htm for some related information.