cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the attention of Plusnet Customer Support ! All webmail deleted by Plusnet without warning

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

For the attention of Plusnet Customer Support ! All webmail deleted by Plusnet without warning

This morning, I received a notice from Plusnet that my Webmail was 3048 kb over the 1 Gb limit, which cannot be correct as I only have three folders, namely June 2020, July 2020, and August 2020. However, it said that no action would be taken because the excess was only small.

So I dutifully went into Webmail to try to check.  In Basic Webmail, I could find no facility to discover the size of my folders. 

So then I tried Advanced Webmail by clicking on the cog wheel and clicking on the menu for folder size.  The system just hung....and hung .... and hung .... and then crashed.  So I tried the same thing again and the same happened again.  After seven attempts, I got a message saying "Error".  At that point I gave up

So I went back to Basic Webmail, to discover that in the meantime Plusnet had deleted ALL my folders.  Yes, they have all gone and there is only one email even in the Inbox.

What is going on ?  Please can someone at Plusnet consider this to be raising a ticket - as we are not allowed to do it any other way these days and therefore have to wash our dirty linen in public.  Please can Plusnet restore my three folders and tell me directly what size they are so that if necessary, I can manage them.

Please apologise and ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Stressssssed

Re: For the attention of Plusnet Customer Support ! All webmail deleted by Plusnet without warning

Welcome to the club, I've lost most of my emails and there appears to be little or no customer support currently - not great for £40 a month but at least I'm out of contract!
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: For the attention of Plusnet Customer Support ! All webmail deleted by Plusnet without warning

Thanks for the sympathy.  It is reciprocated.  What I cannot believe is that this Forum is supposed to be monitored by Plusnet Customer Support which is why they terminated the ticket system !  That used to be reliable and quick but now no-one at Plusnet gives a damn any more.

So sad as I have been with Plusnet since it started in the last millennium, and the founders would turn in their .... well perhaps not, as they are too young for that !  My contract ends in a year and I cannot see that I will remain with Plusnet.  There is a new company delivering their own fibre to the door, in other words not using the Openreach infrastructure, and, in the light of the appalling customer service from Plusnet, I am sorely tempted by their offer, which is subsidised by the Government, as we are in a rural area.

In the meantime, I now have no webmail history at all any more.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Email archiving

Plusnet has two email content archiving 'events'

1. Exceeding the Fair Usage Policy (FUP): This is invoked when the sum of the contents of all of your email boxes exceeds the 1GB FUP allowance. Users will have received warning notices for several weeks, having exceeded 75% of the FUP. After 2 warnings of having exceeded 100% of the FUP, mailboxes are archived to bring the FUP utilisation down below 100%. The act of archiving emails is recorded in the user's ticket history - see the PN tickets link below - notification emails are sent to the contact email address, as specified by the user, under their contact preferences in the account details - it is imperative that this email address is monitored
  2. Mailbox not accessed for a while: After a period of not accessing a mailbox (it not being logged into) the contents are archived. An email is sent to that mailbox advising of the archiving action, after it has been archived. No record of the action is recorded in the ticket history

Archives are retained for 30 days. When making a request to unarchive emails, it is very helpful to inform staff which of the above archives appears to have been performed - it stops them looking for non-existent tickets! Try to raise a ticket here.  If that does not work, please post back here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.