cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders disappeared from Plusnet Webmail

Furbsworld
Hooked

Folders disappeared from Plusnet Webmail

Would like to get in touch with someone called BOB PULLEN who appears to have fixed this before. Please email me at 

[Removed] if you get this. Nobody at Plusnet seems to be able to help - I have had NO MESSAGES  to say I have an oversize webmail although i do accept this might be possible. But in my Folders I had emails from friends who are now dead and other stuff which was VERY important to me. Nobody at Plusnet seems able to help me get my Folders restored - so I could then edit them. I had a ticket response about something called Thunderbird - I only know that from the 60s TV show. I have no computer skills to speak of I just need someone to restore my Folders. I cannot stress how important this is to me. IF YOU ARE OUT THERE AND CAN HELP ME BOB PULLEN PLEASE HELP ME. I am worried after 30 days they will delete forever. I don't know about IMAP or POP apart from I have heard the terms

I still have an Inbox and Sent and Deleted Items but nothing else - even when i press the little Cog in the bottom left corner of Webmail NOTHING.  They don't know what I have lost...... I had a lot of trouble figuring out this post thing so if you can please email me. Many thanks 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

10 REPLIES 10
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Folders disappeared from Plusnet Webmail

I’m not Bob but it sounds like first and foremost the performance of webmail is a problem.

Try the steps here https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round-Cube-slow-performance-mitigation/m-p/1715... which should improve things. Smiley

Furbsworld
Hooked

Dear Thrall

Thanks for the email - alas my problem is that all the Folders (about 20) which I had manually created over a long period of time and which are displayed on the left of the Plusnet webmail screen are missing - only the default   Inbox  Sent  Deleted Items   Notes  etc are still visible. The little cog at the bottom left (manage folders) used to bring them back - but no more.  I think if the server were rebooted/reset to two days ago everything was there then..... Mystery to me and worrying that Plusnet seem to have a complete inability to fix... Thanks for your suggestions though it was most kind of you. 

Regards Ruth

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Hi Ruth,

Have you tried going to Settings in the top right? From there if you click on the Folders tab, make sure all the folders are ticked. 

Furbsworld
Hooked

Hi - yes have had a look - the standard defaults Inbox  Draft  Sent  Junk are greyed out ticks and two blue box ticks on deleted messages and notes. But all the other Folders are missing..... there's a black hole somewhere .....

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

If you log in to your account on the main Plusnet website then go to the Manage Account tab then Help Assistant, are there any open or closed tickets which may indicate your mail’s been archived due to its size?

As far as I’m aware if Plusnet archive your mail due to being over quota they’ll document it on a ticket/question in the help assistant. 

Furbsworld
Hooked

Only billing details apart from this one - not sure what it means...

Service Notification  12:21am, Saturday 10 Oct 2020  Bandwidth usage has been reset

But I have only had a problem with the folders missing  in the last couple of days. 

Searched all of 2020 from Jan 1st.... Not a great year really!! Thanks for suggestions. Think I am going to hit the hay now - as Scarlett O'Hara said - "Tomorrow is another day! "

Many thanks again

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

I think bandwidth usage is a legacy thing from
when most packages weren’t unlimited usage. It generally resets on your bill date. 

No problem and good night!

For tomorrow, do you solely use webmail.plus.net or do you have any devices that you’ve setup your emails on via an app or program?

[edit]

Just asking as it’s possible one of your devices have downloaded your mail locally to itself and removed a copy from the server. 

It doesn’t sound like Plusnet’s archived your mail. Even so from reading this post I believe they’d still keep a temporary backup for a period of time.

Furbsworld
Hooked

Good Afternoon.

Only use Plusnet Webmail on one computer. Will send a message on ticket link in Plusnet ref the snapshots - perhaps that will show them what is missing. 

Regards Ruth

Furbsworld
Hooked

Dear Thrall - wanted you to know....

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation. We restored your mail at around 11:44 this morning. Unfortunately we can't see what happened to them but it's good to see you've got your mail and folders back now. Moving forward I'd recommend setting up your emails on a mail program and then backing up your emails locally on your computer. There's some help here on how to setup your emails on a mail program: https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-get-your-e-mails-through-a-e-mail-client/td-p/1598809 For further help with that or to backup your emails it may be worth creating a topic on our community forums here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/bd-p/Email as there could be members of the community able to assist. I wanted you to know that I think your suggestions may have been crucial to this process - so thanks very much for that. I will now try and wrestle with mail programmes! Wish me luck. Surprised that if they can restore they do not know where they went - but at least the folders are back. Best wishes Furbsworld
Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Awesome. Restoring from a backup and knowing why something was deleted are sometimes very different things. 

Good result still though! Good luck with setting up your mail on your mail program and creating a local backup yourself but post back if you get unstuck and encounter issues. Smiley