cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to send email via AT&T

yonwin

Failure to send email via AT&T

I am visiting the USA and using wifi connected to AT&T.   Web and incoming emails work great but am unable to send.  Can send OK in the UK.  I suspect it may be the port setting.  Have tried 25 and 80 without success.
Any suggestions from someone using relay.plus.net via AT&T welcomed.

Thanks for the replies.  I have been using the web route successfully but I would have preferred to use Mail.  Oh well you cannot win them all !
2 REPLIES 2
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Failure to send email via AT&T

No personal experience - it will depend if AT&T allow external email addresses through port 25. You could try using SMTP authentication, using the same username/password combo as you would for your inbound email.
Alternatively, use webmail.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Failure to send email via AT&T

Yes, I believe AT&T block port 25 to anything but their own servers. You will need to set your outgoing server to one of theirs, or use webmail to send. This should help http://www.wireless.att.com/support/knowledgeBase.do?content=KB72769.html , I suspect that on their Wifi you need to use the 3rd one in that list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.