cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting addresses

sayton

Exporting addresses

Hi....
Is it possible to export ALL of my Plusnet Webmail addresses in .vcf format (or .csv) in one go?
When I try anything (from Address Book, then using the Export contact in vCard format), only the first contact is exported. I have over 400 addresses, and the nearest I can get to a multiple selection is to select 40 at a time (1 screen), but even when I do this, only the alphabetically first address is exported, even when it is not amongst those selected.
Does anyone know what to do, or what I'm doing wrong?
Any help from the community would be appreciated....
2 REPLIES 2
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Exporting addresses

The  export action should export the entire list (though it might just do the current page, I don't have enough to check) and is not affected by selecting any contacts
Have you opened the exported file in a text editor to confirm what has been exported or are you trying to import the list into outlook which is only importing the first entry?  If it's the latter, this is a known 'feature' or outlook that requires third party plugins to get around.
sayton

Re: Exporting addresses

Thanks kmilburn!
The Plusnet Export function DOES export everything.
My problem was that on my PC, .vcf files were set to be opened by MS Outlook, and, as you say, Outlook only opens the first record in a vCard file (don't you just love Microsoft applications?)
Now fixed, but thanks for the reply....
Steve