Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excchange not accepting incoming?

aldabbagh
Grafter

Excchange not accepting incoming?

Hi there guys.
I've got an Exchange Server at home. I was wondering why pop3 and imap4 is blocked? and also port 53 (dns)
I can't receive any emails but i can send emails.
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Excchange not accepting incoming?

1) Is your PlusNet Firewall set to OFF or LOW http://www.plus.net/support/security/firewalls/broadbandfirewall.shtmlhttp://www.plus.net/support/se...
2) Have your forwarded the ports to your Exchange server ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aldabbagh
Grafter

Yes, my Plusnet firewall is off. Also the port forwards are all done. The Server is off at the moment, its going trough some hardware changes.
I've also done a port checker on my ip address. The only ports which are not blocked are: HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP and some other ones I can't remember.
aldabbagh
Grafter

Pop3 blocked?

Hi there.
I've got a domain www.ciscolabs.co.uk (which I registered with GoDaddy). Anyways, I'm hosting my own Exchange Server at home. I can't connect to my pop server, the reason is, it has been blocked by you guys.
I've done couple of tests to see if there was any problems within my settings, I could not find any.  So I decided to scan which ports are open on my public IP. And POP3 is blocked.
Also my Broadband firewall is on low. I've done all the port forwarding. I even asked my friend who is a IT Tech, he said that Everything is working. Now I've got people who can't send me Emails or I cant send any Emails.
Please Can you Sort this problem out!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Pop3 blocked?

I think you have a couple of issues here.
First your broadband firewall needs to be switched to off.
Second, POP3 isn't the method by which people send you mails - it's the method in which you retrieve the mail, blocked or not this isn't preventing others sending you mail. Mail is sent over SMTP using port 25, that's what you need to make sure is open on your side.
Third - your MX records for your domain are not correctly configured.they are currently pointing to the godaddy default ones.( you can check this here http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aciscolabs.co.uk&run=toolpage) This needs to be pointing to your home.
I'm assuming you have a static IP otherwise you'll have problems.
I run a mail server and do not have any issues sending or receiving mail so it's not a PN issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
I have merged the two topics on this subject to make it easier for all to follow.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'