cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: spam or virus

badinage

Error: spam or virus

Over the last few weeks I've had numerous emails not sent due to an error message. "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  xdOrgnZLCx6b6xdOsgRFev message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again." The affected emails are to different recipients and most do not contain urls or images. How do I stop this? Thanks (Thunderbird 60.5.1 (32-bit)

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Error: spam or virus

If the source of the message doesn't contain URLs or images then the problem is likely to be with the sender/recipient address or a particular string of text in the body of the email that's matching a known spam fingerprint.

If it's a false positive, then we can clear things from this side but would need visibility of the email source.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

badinage

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply. The emails are so often and so varied, it's hard to pinpoint the issue. I've attached the message source of the latest email to give the error, Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed from attachment in a public forum.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That one is seemingly the result of your badinage.co.uk domain. I've submitted a support request at our side to clear the reputation but if emails containing that domain are reported/hit spam traps in the future then it might happen again Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

badinage

Thank you very much. If my domain badinage.co.uk is/has been used for some spam misuse, is there anything I can do to stop this? Cheers

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Based on the response I received, I doubt it:

"That fingerprint is for the domain badinage<dot>co.uk, which was in messages that were reported spammy by end users and that hit honey pots. 

I have reset it as this appears to be a legit domain included in hash busting text designed to bypass a spam scanner."

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team