cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 550 Administrative prohibition

Surfer
Grafter

Error 550 Administrative prohibition

If I raise a new email an send it to my brother in South Africa, there is no issue and the email is sent. and delivered  If I reply to an email that he has sent me, I get the following message;
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
      Subject: RE: XXXX  XXXX
      Sent: 20/10/2010 13:58
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
      '"xxxxxxx@cybersmart.co.za>"@webmail.cybersmart.co.za' on 20/10/2010 13:58
            550 Administrative prohibition

In Outlook 2007 on more settings, I ticked the requires authentication box, but it still rejects the email and I am at a loss what to do next.  I did not shut down Outlook and then re-start it.  Any suggestiosn please.  Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Error 550 Administrative prohibition

I think your reply is probably being rejected by your brother's email service, not the Plusnet server refusing to send it.
When you create a new email to him do you use that email address or a different one? I suspect you use xxxxxxx@cybersmart.co.za rather than that shown which I think is logically invalid. This suggests to me the sender 'identity' your brother has set up in his webmail account is incorrect.
David
Surfer
Grafter

I use the same email address but will check his as he is not a computer geek.  Took him 2 years to find the on off switch.
jim:quote
Surfer
Grafter

I have checked and when replying it shows up the email address as "xxxxxxx@cybersmart.co.za>"@webmail.cybersmart.co.za"  I am thinking that the part "@webmail.cybersmart.co.za" should not be in the email address.  It should reflect their name followed by the actual email address. 
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My question concerned what you put on the "to" line (i.e. your brother's email address, not your own) when you create a new email to him (not a reply) - you said this works.
Is the content of the "to" line that works xxxxxxx@cybersmart.co.za and nothing else? That is no quotation marks at all ("), no greater than sign (>) and no @webmail.cybersmart.co.za
David
Surfer
Grafter

There are quotation marks and the added @webmail.cybersmart etc  I have sent him a stepo by step process to clear it up as I suspect that in the account properties all this additional bumpf has been added.  I will wait for his reply.  Problem is that he is so scared of making a mistake that he rather not do anything about it.  Unfortunately I no longer know any computer whiz kids in Cape Town, however as Plus net has their call centre in Durban up the road maybe they can help!  Grin