cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 452 too many receipts in time period from this server

Spruce01
Grafter

Error 452 too many receipts in time period from this server

Hi, I'm new to this forum but been with Globalnet/plusnet email for donkey's years. I still use a globalnet email address that I used to pay for but then it was made free and is serviced by plusnet but I don't have a broadband account with them. In past few days I have started having the above error message so I am wondering if they have changed something to limit number of emails I can send or if someone has hacked into my account and unbeknown to me is sending lots of spam emails? I am unable to access any settings to change my email password to try that. Any ideas please?

6 REPLIES 6
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Error 452 too many receipts in time period from this server

Hello @Spruce01

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your email. Are you sending emails to an usually higher number of recipients as of late? Also, can you please advise whether you're using an email client, or is it webmail?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Spruce01
Grafter

No I am sending it to the same people and circulation lists as I have always done. Mainly using Outlook but problem also occurs on iPad. I tend to use webmail only when I have to and for single recipients. I spoke to your your help team this morning and they told be they had received multiple contacts with the same issue so are expecting to resolve it today at their end. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah fair enough. Yeah I've seen a couple of posts about similar issues. Let us know how you get on later in the week with this. It's the sort of issue that our team are unable to resolve practically to be honest.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Spruce01
Grafter

I am afraid nothing has improved and still can’t send to my usual circulation lists. It seems to give the error after no more than a handful of addresses. 40 used to be fine until next week. Once you get the error I can’t send anything for quite a while.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have you seen any reoccurrence of the issue since noon on 1st November?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Spruce01
Grafter

Since Monday 1st things have seemingly returned to normal. I successfully sent bulk emails (circa 45 addresses) at 10.30 and again at 11.30. I have since sent a smaller one (circa 25 addresses) today.

What is significant about noon on the 1st November? Do you know if something has been changed?

Many thanks for your interest.

John