Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter a valid email address

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Enter a valid email address

On a couple of websites  I have got the message, 'Put in a valid email address' when using my plusnet mail address, if I enter my gmail address it is accepted.

I would stress this only happens on a few sites and is not really a major problem but do some websites have a blacklist of some email addresses.

One recent example was 7day shop which would not accept the plusnet email address when trying to purchase a item.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Enter a valid email address

Personally I wouldn't use a plusnet email address for any of those sorts of things, I would use one I could dump and easily change if it got compromised.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Are you referring to addresses of the form name@accountname.plus.com ? (Note it is not plusnet.com)

Following AO's suggestion, you could use the catch-all facility (or add an alias) to one of your PlusNet email addresses and then use a unique email address for each organisation you deal with, such as...

7day@accountname.plus.com

ebay@accountname.plus.com

If any of these get abused, you can simply direct them to the black hole - see https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings for more info.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and that is exactly what I do - it is much easier

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Only trouble is they all disclose your account name, whilst OK you can blackhole any that give trouble, which I had to do once, and that was the last time I used my Plusnet one with the offending party!

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks, I will follow those suggestions.

We are born into history and history is born into us.