cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails

williamsdg

Emails

I haven't been able to receive emails using my Plusnet account on my Samsung phone for about 2 weeks but receive them on my laptop. Plusnet tech staff haven't been able to offer an explanation or solution. Can anybody else help?

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Emails

Thanks for getting in touch @williamsdg 

Just to clarify first are you trying to setup a Plusnet email address on your phone or a third party address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Mobile to Email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

williamsdg

I have had emails successfully set up on my mobile for over a year but have been unable to receive emails for the last two weeks.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@williamsdg,

The email address you're trying to receive them from is this the Plusnet Email address associated to your account, or another email provider - for example from a non-Plusnet owned domain, BTInternet email address, hotmail address, Gmail (please don't enter the full address in the public forum, we just need to confirm if the provider of the email is us or someone else). 

williamsdg

The answer to the latest thread is that on my mobile I cannot receive emails from any source when addressed to my Plusnet address but receive them on my old BT address and Gmail.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Does the phone report a problem when trying to access the Plusnet mailbox?

Is the mailbox configured as IMAP on both the phone and the PC?

If you access the mailbox using webmail is there any mail in the mailbox?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.