cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails wont delete from server

DW187
Hooked

Emails wont delete from server

Hi,  i have a email only account with plusnet and also have a hosted domain with plusnet.

im having an issue with emails not deleting from the server,  ive tried using POP & Imap,  I've tried using webmail and app based email clients,

every time i delete and email on my outlook / gmail webmail or outlook / thunderbird client the email stays on the server and re downloads on refresh.

could someone please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Emails wont delete from server

Would you know if the email has a large attachment?

You might have more success using the Plusnet webmail interface - see webmail.plus.net - where large emails are concerned, use of the basic webmail interface (Squirrel Mail) might be more proficient.

The use of Gmail "webmail" is another technology layer, usually using POP3, therefore if there are any network timeouts, it might suffer the same issues as your local POP3 / IMAP client.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DW187
Hooked

This isn't a particular email,   its all emails.  i can use plusnet webmail,  but its slow and not very useful,

i will also say,  i cant log into the plusnet website to check any domain settings,  i get an error message saying

Error

Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.

and everytime i try later.

the web adress is https://www.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/retry  but i didnt try to make a payment

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Has this recently become an email only account?

On the matter of noting being able to access the portal, this sounds like a payment failure restriction ... which if this has been a free account for a while, seems very odd!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DW187
Hooked

i been an email only for quite some time,   i used to pay for my email account but haven't in a long time since they done away with the fee. 

so im really not sure whats going on.  i suspect my issue has been going on for a long time as i got emails from plusnet about a full mail box, so i was deleting mails and they kept redownloading,  that when i checked webmail and noticed nothing get deleted when i use a client or another webmail

DW187
Hooked

I phoned CS, who put me trough to Billing,  which didn't understand what was going on,  so now its escalated to the email support,

Fingers cross i can get the issue resolved