cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails won't send

Charles101
Grafter

Re: Emails won't send

Same problem. Using Thunderbird and have tried from more than one address, none will send but they do receive.

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Add me to the list. Thunderbird just says connecting to relay.plus.net and nothing sends. This is on the home pc which has plusnet broadband.
But my phone can send email from my plusnet mailbox (via plusnet mobile).
Could be an internal routing issue at plusnet?
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

For anyone still experiencing issues we'll update when we know more.

Thanks Gandalf.  Can you confirm to us please that at least a hitch has been identified?

John

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Service Information

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Charles101
Grafter

Still the same issue with message after being logged onto the plusnet server for about a minute. Thunderbird 52.8.0 (32-bit). Wonder if the PlusNet connection to its login server is down.

Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) relay.plus.net timed out. Try again.

Weegie

@d8smt wrote:

'The outlook client will no longer connect/recognize the plusnet mail accounts - it keeps giving the errors ,  "secure connection unavailable.Would you like to log in anyway". When choosing to log in, it returns with the message "please check your email & password & try again".'

These are exactly the same error messages I've been getting on my Kindle Fire (using Outlook app). Glad (in a way) to know it's not just me! Judging by the most recent message posted to this thread, someone at Plusnet seems to finally be aware of the issue and looking into it.

mikejohnsmith
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Outgoing mail not working

I am using SMTP from an Outlook client

Since last night (10/6/2018) I am unable to send any emails from outlook. I have tested two email accounts, and the outgoing mail is stuck in the outbox. I have checked the configuration and everything is set correctly

Outlook test results in

Send test e-mail message: The server responded: 421 Cannot connect to SMT

Send test e-mail message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I can see a system status message indicating that Plusnet are aware of an intermittent  problem, for me it has been permanent for the last 18 hours.

Can someone from Plusnet advise when this will be fixed as I am stuck, can receive, but cannot transmit messages.

Thanks

Mike

d8smt
Rising Star

I have a theory. Maybe Outlook/Kindle are enforcing some security (eg SSL or better) on their clients - non-optional with recent updates - and PlusNet cannot cope with it with its antiquated 20thC systems. There's no option to not now connect without SSL in the setup for these programs - at least on android. On Win10, I can still connect to the plusnet servers using IMAP/POP on the Windows 10 Mail (basic) client. If this is the case, then I would expect to see a major problem with a lot of clients coming up as security is enforced on phone, tablet, Microsoft email product clients.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Hope I'm not speaking too soon but my email looks like it's working OK now.

Anneyc
Dabbler

Yes- my queued mail has all just sent. Hope it lasts!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi all.

As some of you have realised this should now be fixed.

Apologies for the inconvenience this had caused.

Please let us know if the problem returns.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Outgoing mail not working

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): This post merged with main thread on the issue.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PeterSoul
Grafter

I seem to be able to send test messages (no text, self-addressed) from my PC and from webmail, no problem.

But an email with ~70 addressees gets consistently blocked, trying to send from my PC -- where I am using OEClassic, a lovely simple package designed for those who liked the original Outlook Express (and maybe even WM and WLM).

Is this a clue?  Or does it suggest a work-around?

PeterSoul
Grafter

Confirming: sending is still not fixed for me...

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Sending ok now. Smiley