cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails won't send

PeterSoul
Grafter

Re: Emails won't send

I too am having trouble this morning, sending as above, from my OEClassic emailer.

SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Correction: I just looked back on an old thread (last October), which was concerning a similar sudden blockage but on incoming Outlook mail and the IP address mooted as a work around then was to temporarily put that IP address instead of 'mail.plus.net' in the 'Incoming mail server' field NOT the 'Outgoing mail server' field.

(It would be interesting to know if there is a working IP address at PlusNet we could use, temporarily or otherwise, to put in the 'Outgoing mail server' field for the current issue.) 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@PeterSoul I've passed your details to the open problem ID too. Thanks for posting.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Same problems here, all morning and again just now. And I'm not using Outlook - I'm a Thunderbird user.

(By the way, the Plusnet Service Status page is really not helpful. Yes, there's an amber exlamation mark symbol next to email, but it seems to refer to something back in 2017.)

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Very strange, @grahamt -I've not had any problem, as I've said before, but I'll try another one and report back on this post.

EDIT: Just sent a test message to my iCloud account - it went instantly.

John
grahamt
Rising Star

I just tried another test message, sent to a gmail ID.

It took 22 seconds to connect to relay.plus.net. After that it was just another four seconds of 'Connected to..' before I got the 'Mail sent successfully' alert. The message then arrived quite quickly. So I suspect it's server congestion or a blockage in the path leading to the server.

Earlier this morning I was experiencing much longer delays (well over a minute) at the 'Connecting to server' stage and cancelled and retried some messages. Eventually they were sent, though one still hadn't reached my partner (also on Plusnet) when I last asked her.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the details @grahamt

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

Well, things have gone from bad to worse!

As my Outlook won't send I've been trying to use the web one: https://webmail.plus.net

And nothing will send from that either!!!  Come on PlusNet, this log jam/fault must be glaringly obvious to someone somewhere!

EDIT: It just got sent. Four minutes and one time out to send a tiny email?Huh

Anneyc
Dabbler

Further to my initial post last night, we are still unable to send emails although one did manage to slip out eventually at about 10.30 last night. Where before there were no messages, I am now getting the message: 'Error talking to SMTP server [421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 212.159.9.107 (2]'. We use use Eudora, but I also have Microsoft mail and have just tried sending from there, it's 'still working on it' after 2 minutes....

Weegie

I'm having similar problems to everyone else. Outgoing emails sporadic on my laptop (Outlook), but not sending at all on either my Kindle Fire or android phone; incoming emails ok except on my Kindle device. I have been having problems for the last few months, and am constantly being asked to input my password when acessing email onto either my phone or my tablet.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well for my issue (router sending an email every 6 hours), it is now working as of 13:06. Hopefully it will continue that way.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SkylineUK_Dup
Rising Star

New test still bunged up in the Outbox here.. Undecided

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that things appear to be looking up @SpendLessTime

Let us know if the problems return.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

For anyone still experiencing issues we'll update when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
d8smt
Rising Star

Hmm, just opened a case via PlusNet chat.

Over the weekend, all access to PlusNet mail via IMAP from an Outlook client on Android suddenly stopped (plus a couple of other clients we tried also failed). Different phones/tablets, different plusnet accounts, different communications channels (eother via plusnet router or 4G). The outlook client will no longer connect/recognize the plusnet mail accounts - it keeps giving the errors ,  "secure connection unavailable.Would you like to log in anyway". When choosing to log in, it returns with the message "please check your email & password & try again".

Outlook version 2.2.168(267) on Android Oreo (8) on Samsung Galaxy & Stock android phones and tablets.

Webmail works fine. As long as I can find a computer from the last millenium, I can still use this option meanwhile........