cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to plusnet address bouncing

inspiredron
Grafter

Emails to plusnet address bouncing

I have recently suffered from not responding to an email that was bounced back to the sender.  The 2 emails that bounced were from the same sender,

The report forwarded to me from the sender - to the same email address - describes the bounce as Type - Soft Bounced; Reason - General Bounce; Url http://poferriesfuelback.com/redeem.php? id=16802_5d91f1c1a9a72

I am reasonably sure that the email was sent by an automated system programmed to react to the completion of a form to claim a reward which was then verified and a response sent requesting payment details.

Why would my Plusnet account bounce sush an email?  Very occasionally i have received a Plusnet message that a particular email has been quarantined which give the opportunity to allow its delivery but thi swas a straight bounce.  From the sent email report that it was sent to the correct email address.

Any theories?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Emails to plusnet address bouncing

Thanks for getting in touch @inspiredron 

If you're receiving emails from other senders, I'd recommend adding the sender's email address into the 'Approved senders/whitelist' by logging into your account then going Here. If this sender is still unable to email you, could you PM me the following details to investigate further?

• Your email address
  • The sender's email address
  • Date and time of the email if possible
  • Headers of the email, which are normally found when an email is received so you may need to see if you can get the sender to email the message to a third party email address then obtain the headers from that

Let us know how it goes either way

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
inspiredron
Grafter

Hi, Gandalf

Many thanks for your response - I have been very busy recently and did not complete the process of accessing white list by clicking on "here".  The actual problem related to my not receiving the particular email has now been solved by the sender dealing with it through another route. However, tonight i did try to follow the link that you provided to the White List of senders by logging into both my PlusNet account and my comminity account.  I copied the link that you provided and then pasted that into the Browser address field in the Plusnet account page and was greeted with a 404 error.  What am I doing wrong?  It woudl be helpful that I know how to access the white list for future reference - normally i simply mark addresses as "not junk" in my email client (Outlook).

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @inspiredron,

I'm glad to hear the bouncing issue has been sorted. In regards to the approved senders setting, this can be found logging into your Plusnet Member Centre and going to My Account. From there go into My Mail Settings and then the Spam Settings.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team