cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to plus.net recipients rejected as SPAM

davehcooper
Hooked

Emails to plus.net recipients rejected as SPAM

Hi there, Any emails I try to send from my home internet connection to plus.net addresses appear to be getting rejected as SPAM with a 552 Rejected message. This is emails sent from my own domain name, and also from a Hotmail address. When I send the same emails from a different internet connection they work so I believe it may be my ISP IP address that has become blocked. My IP is currently 2.29.126.14

I can send other emails to other service providers with no problem - it's only emails to plus.net that are getting rejected. 

I've had this once before last year. My forum post was kindly sent on to the netops team who were able to resolve the issue. Please could this be done again? 

I have attached the headers from the original email that was rejected.

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Emails to plus.net recipients rejected as SPAM

Is that a dynamic or a static IP address? If dynamic the easiest fix to this might be to simply switch the router off for a couple of hours then see if you get a different ip address on reconnecting. Have you searched to see if that IP address is black listed?

Are you running your own email servers?

If not is the SMTP server you are using the owner of your domain name? If your SMTP server is not a valid sender for your domain then SPF you could be falling foul of anti spoofing measures.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.